My web search for "funk up baby" gave no real results. Apparently too many people see babies in swirls of soft pastel. But Anna should be different, she should be a funky kid. I guess that so many people have kids that would use the letter "c" not "n"... So here is my collection of links, places that I've found through much searching:
· back from bali, we love these colors and patterns!
· Hanna Andersson, with extremely well-made sets, lovely if expensive
· slippers from Robeez – very tough (not impossible) for the kid to pull off
· zutano has a great line
· We've been happy with stuff from weeRock such as the "M is for Metal" t-shirt
· We like Glamajama for their sparkly "Rock Star" clothes
· we love the clothes from Oilily even though they are EXPENSIVE
· her kimonos from Lucky Wang
· Goo-goo Wear has baby clothes in all black, for the little hipster/metal/goth kid
Or I usually have good luck at H&M – their 125th Street store is convenient and has a great selection.
Another NYC resource is gocitykids